Friday 7 August 2015

American Houses - Brick Facade


Here is a type of a large house I passed by on a jog this morning. Brick facade, the two windows on the far RHS are a garage that is driven into sideways, although there is probably an attic/second story room above it. I think this is reasonably modern, not sure if it is typical, but I don't think you get them in Australia.

Things I like:
It looks like a storybook house
So much space!
Symmetrical
No huge garage to dominate the front facade.
They just have roof, rather than the muddled roof line of some modern Australian homes
The shutters on either side of the windows
This house, like most houses, will be insulated to within an inch of its life. Most houses round here get quite hot in summer, because the heat just can't escape. but they do stay warm in winter.
I assume there is a basement, I love basements!

Things I don't like:
The facade is a little obvious in this house, as it is approached from the side
It doesn't have a long drive way of mature oak trees (just me!!)
No garden attempts at all.
No side windows, so can't catch all breezes
No fences, so not good for letting kids play outdoors without supervision.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!