Saturday 15 March 2014

Baked beans sadness

We love baked beans in our family. Our boys were/are virtually raised on it. (I think I was too). And I thought baked beans were, well, baked beans, but I was wrong. And tonight we tried two different tins, both of which made me gag. The one on the left was sort of aiming for a spicy BBQ flavour, but tasted like off molasses. The one on the right was claiming a 'tangy' sauce (with brown sugar and spices) and was more bland, but...
It is so dire, I think we will be donating the unopened tin to our church's food bank.
What is life without the comfort and ease of a baked beans meal?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, first cheese now baked beans....I have been told that a lot of sugar is added to food in America even savory. That when macers first came to Australia they had to halve the sugar usually added to buns to accommodate Australian taste.

    ReplyDelete

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!