Friday 22 April 2016

Mission BBQ


Mission BBQ - started in Glen Burnie, and has now expanded to a couple of sites around Maryland, including one in Annapolis. We thought we'd give it a try for a Friday night out (with grandparents and tired kids).
We thought it would be a sit down restaurant. but the format is more like McDonalds, where you order then find a table. TV's in every corner of the room, which I was sad about, because my 6 year old became a zombie. No salad unless you remembered to order a side (and pay for it). Room full of 'service' memorabilia - not just defence force, but coast guard, police, fire department, anyone who serves really. One toilet for each sex (big restaurant, so constant queue!).
But, quick service, nice pulled pork, the salad I got was definitely green, and I'd go there again, just not when I wanted a restaurant experience. Maybe if I wanted high protein low carb lunch? No obvious kids menu, so we were able to order the kids 'junior' (smaller) pulled pork buns and chips.
The photo is of the BBQ truck, that serves free food to service people, the one example I was given was when the riots were on in Baltimore, it was driven up there and served food for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!