Thursday 21 April 2016

Washington DC via Hop On/Hop Off Bus

We probably won't do this every visit, but it was a good fit this time, to buy tickets on the sight seeing bus, and see a little more of DC than what we usually see trudging around the Mall, plus there is a guide on each bus giving a commentary pointing out landmarks and giving a bit of history.

Highly recommended - Franklin D Roosevelt memorial, then walk around to the Jefferson Memorial. The Roosevelt memorial is beautiful and peaceful, with many quotes and waterfalls in the different 'rooms' of the memorial, tracing his time as president. The Jefferson memorial has a lovely view from the steps to each lunch from. I think that is the quiet side of the Tidal Basin too.

Hubby went and looked at the Library of Congress, which from the photos looks like fantastic architecture, and I think next time I will go too, but I hesitated to take kids to a library. I think we would have struggled to get the back packs through the security anyway.
We took the boys to the Air and Space Museum instead, which I found a bit trying, maybe partially because I was tired, but also because the boys were running around too fast to actually take stuff in or even read any information boards. I think I like the annex better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!