Sunday 3 May 2015

Mayday in Annapolis


On 1st May, there is a tradition to put a flower arrangement up on your door in down town Annapolis - not just the businesses on Main Street, but also the houses in the down town area. I think there is also a competition, and maybe a garden club judges?
While the arrangements done by the businesses tended towards the thematic, and were quite clever, I enjoyed the private ones better. This would also be because I had a tired 3 year old with me, who was struggling to cope, and there were crowds on Main Street making it worse.
I loved the concept of purposefully celebrating the spring with some flowers, and a bit of gussying up of your front steps (often there are pots of pansies around now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!