Monday 21 July 2014

Actually buying stuff

 

Things I learnt last Saturday, in relation to shopping:
  • It helps to get to the mall a little early to walk around and window shop
  • If you see something you like, write down the  name of the store, don't trust to memory
  • Williams Sonoma is a really really nice home wears store (ie, window shopping only!)
  • Nordstrum is sort of David Jones - big, lots of space, but nothing for every day wear? Actually, I'm wondering if it is one step higher than David Jones, because I have enjoyed looking through David Jones, but Nordstrum appears to have nothing of interest
  • I get overwhelmed by stores full to bursting with merchandise (I knew that anyway, but it was definitely reinforced here)
  • When you are in a store, wander around the entire floor area, otherwise you'll miss sales stuff shoved down the back (or the shorts, or the pants...)
  • Tell all sales assistants you're just browsing, or they'll follow you around the store chatting and trying to make nice
  • I am a size 10 in America, possibly nearly a size 8. This doesn't make me feel good, it has just made shopping harder.
  • Even if you have four hours child free to shop in, you will find most of what you want in the last 20 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!