Sunday 25 January 2015

Ice Skating



Having spent a child hood at least 5 hours from the nearest ice skating rink, wishing that I could learn how to ice skate, we found out that Quiet Waters, the big park about 10mins drive away, turns their pond into an ice skating rink during Winter! (Of course, now I'm an adult, working, not able to drive, caring for two kids, I can't rush off and enroll in a learners class...but maybe I can live vicariously through my boys?!)
We made a play date with a friend down the road for after school, and went ice skating earlier this week. First time for the boys. I was nervous about reactions to falling down, but Mr 5 was really determined to learn, and Mr Indescribable took our lead in laughing when he fell over... (Lucky....)
We hope to go again.
I must say, if we were weighing up reasons to stay and reasons to come home, this would be a significant player on the staying side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!