Tuesday 24 March 2015

El Toro Bravo


What we realised, when thinking about the lack of Asian restaurants (apart from generic Chinese and the really nice Thai place we have already been to, oh, and sushi trains...) was that we have a lot more access to 'proper' mexican food - it is just south of the border. We got organised with a night out and decided to try mexican.
At first I was overwhelmed by having to work out exactly what everything was (I use taco/burrito/nachos sort of interchangeably, and my knowledge of options is limited really to what Old El Paso sell). But we took our time, and ended up getting chicken chimichangas and the El Toro Dinner, which was two tacos, tostadas, and a roasted pepper (capsicum) filled with cheese.
It was really nice - not as greasy as your average pub meal, but lovely and filling, and a bit different. I reckon I'd go here again. My only insecurity was that the staff talked to each other in Spanish, making me feel nervous that they were gossiping about me in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!