Monday 16 March 2015

Ham and Pea Pasties


We had some leftover ham given to us, so I got thought of ham and pea soup, but got distracted onto pasties - Ham and Pea and Ricotta Cheese Pasties.
Spent a whole dinner teaching some visiting little boys the word 'pastie', only to have the mum later hysterically laughing in the kitchen because I forgot that in the USA, pasties are also what you wear over your nipples when wearing something brief/shear when going out at night' (I think that is how it works?). Oh well.
The pasties are delicious. I liked the pastry recipe, and am hoping to revisit it, perhaps with leftover casserole (leftover anything, really, that's the whole point!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!