Saturday 23 July 2016

Hottest weekend of summer?


We had organised to go to the zoo in Washington today, but postponed seeing as it was forecast to be 100F (38C, which isn't that bad until you add in humidity...). But because we wanted to get out and do something, we went to Quiet Waters, and hired a canoe. 
This canoe seemed smaller than the one at Martinak State Park, so I felt like I was going to end up overboard every time the canoe rocked (ie, every time the 4 year old decided to change positions...) But I even rowed some when I had been there a bit. The kids trailed their oars in the water, and argued over who was steering, Egyptian reed boat style.
We proceeded up and down the creek, travelling roughly forward, and saw a heron, and some sort of bird of prey, who caught a fish and fed it to the babies in the nest. As well as a steady drip of boats and houses.
By the end of the hour, I was exhausted and we definitely needed to get inside out of the sun. We thought we'd do it again, some time before the end of the summer.


Hubby and the boys using up the last 15 mins of the hour while I collapsed in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!