Monday 30 November 2015

Resoled Riding Boots!


Last Winter I spent a lot of time worrying about boots - nice boots that I could wear inside. All I had was a pair of riding boots that were getting past their prime. I felt uncomfortable about the boots available in stores (actually, I felt really stupid wearing them), and just didn't know what to do. Enter a genuine shoe repair shop, with custom made shoe repair sewing machine...
He recognised the brand as Australian, and fully appreciated that I wanted to keep them going. He got an $80 pair of leather soles from Italy, and resoled them, recoloured them, and it is practically like a new pair of boots! I added a cushiony insole, because they were a touch hard, and the boots are good to go, and probably better, for this Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!