Tuesday 16 December 2014

I have all my warm stuff


I finally got some boots to wear in the snow. I have been trying for approximately a month to find something. I saw hundreds of boots in the store when they first came in, and felt overwhelmed.

  • I planned to buy waterproof hiking boots, but didn't like what was available. 
  • Then I formed a plan to buy something on line, and when they came I didn't like them. 
  • Then I decided to look in the mall again, only to find that everything was on sale, and therefore there wasn't many in my size/I couldn't fit my high arch in some of the boots/what I was looking for (cross between dress boot, snow boot and hiking boot) doesn't really exist. 
  • Then I altered what I wanted (just basic Timberland boots...), and looked on line, but it had gone on sale there too, and out of stock in my very average size 7. 
  • Then my husband decided arbitrarily that we were going to look at the snow boots at the local Sports Authority (big warehouse with sporty stuff in it) one lunch time.

And I was complaining that I just needed someone like a mum to focus on getting me my stuff, because I'm such a horrendous shopper, and I hate it... when my long suffering and slightly more big picture husband pointed out that he took me to the store during various lunchtimes to buy not only boots, but also gloves, jacket and snow pants... Thank you!
PS - I dislike that I was only able to look at styles of boots that had all this fluff out the top, and that the men's boots were less fluff-ful, but not available in my size... but that is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!