Tuesday 2 December 2014

Snickerdoodles


Where else would you get a cookie that sounds like some clever expensive dog breed?!
I finally decided to give these a go, given that I had an hour before a visitor, and two children to help (yes, that was sarcasm. sometimes my decision making processes make me wonder). They are a 'sugar cookie' (plain, with lots of butter and sugar) but also with cinnamon added to the mixture, and the dough balls are rolled in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before being put on the tray.
Thus, they have huge entertainment value for helpers, as well as potential to mess up the kitchen (did I mention I had a visitor coming?!). We did manage to finish them before company, it was surprisingly neat, and they are nice biscuits to have with a cup of tea. I burnt two trays, the sugar on the bottom makes them burn fast... but that just means that we'll have more to eat at home, rather than having done some Christmas cooking ahead of time. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!