Tuesday 20 May 2014

Blue Angels squadron

Photo from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Angels

It is commissioning week at the US Naval Academy, located in Annapolis, and a Navy flight demonstration squadron called the Blue Angels are doing a performance. There are 6 F/A-18 Hornets in the squadron. Today they arrived in town for a rehearsal!
When it comes to pomp and circumstance, drill performances, parades and bands, I'm your man, I love it (thankfully I have two little kids I can use as an excuse these days). We had just missed the bus home after a tiring day getting to and from the library, so it was nice to get our own private fly over show while waiting for an hour at the bus-stop for the next bus (with a chocolate milk). Then we got home, and guess where they were turning around at the end of their runs?!
I felt temporary compassion on everyone who has the type of job that has them inside... while the baby slept I sat on the front door step getting glimpses of them turn and dive, including some very snazzy formation flying right over my head. My regret was that I couldn't get onto the roof for a better view.
The show will be great, unfortunately it is during nap time, and the baby is particularly feral if he misses naps these days. I should start a bucket list really, 'Things to do between 12-4 when my kids don't need a nap to stay nice'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!