Wednesday 4 June 2014

Found - Helen Avalynne Tawes Garden


We needed a quiet spot not too far off our course to eat morning tea yesterday, and I remembered a friend's recommendation to check out the Tawes Garden. Located out the back of a U-shaped group of buildings that make up various government department buildings (including the headquarters of the Dept of Natural Resources), this garden is meant to have various bits of classic Maryland geography  and plants in it. Helen Tawes was the wife of a governor of Maryland. I assume she enjoyed/encouraged gardening.
We didn't get past the pond with the fountain in it this time, but I am so glad I know it exists! It is very close to where we catch the bus home (so no more sitting at the bus stop for 50 mins).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!