Friday 20 June 2014

The 'parked' Blue Angel


Our library visit was so well executed that we had five minutes on the way home to have a look at the 'parked' Blue Angel, outside the navy stadium. I had to repeatedly assure both kids it wasn't working anymore, and my littlest still approached with his hands on his cheeks, which is his current version of over his ears. So much for not scarring the children before they're 18...
I also had to have quite a complicated discussion with the 4 y old about why this Blue Angel had been retired, and why the other ones were still flying, and how normal aircraft are still safe even if they have a longer life span (among other content). I feel like I am repeatedly asked to go beyond my pay grade in these conversations.
It was quite enjoyable to get so close, it really is a beautiful piece of equipment, all streamlined and suchlike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!