Tuesday 3 June 2014

Dinner out - seafood!


We took advantage of the free babysitting provided by keen grandparents, and went out to dinner at a local waterfront restaurant. We got a table on the deck overlooking the water, and ate seafood. I must admit, it has fueled a desire to eat more seafood. I'm not quite up to cracking open my own soft shell crab yet, but I had 'Stuffed Shrimp', which was prawns with a ball of crab meat around them, and hubby had 'Broiled Combination' - some sort of fish, a crab cake, shrimp and scallops. Not the seafood basket menu I was expecting, but I'm really warming to crab meat.
The photo above is of Hush Puppies - some sort of fried corn meal balls, with whipped cinnamon butter, that we had as an entree (starter in the US). They were slightly sweet (with the butter, I guess), and excellent comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages may take a while to appear because I have requested comment moderation. Thanks!